To reduce community exposure to the hospital environment and in coordination with the SPH Emergency Department, HMC is now open extended hours with expanded services to treat your urgent medical needs. Laboratory and imaging services will be available from 8am to 8pm M-F and 10am-4pm on Saturdays to provide care for all manner of minor emergencies. If you are unsure whether you should be seen at the emergency room or HMC please call first (235-8586/HMC, 235-0235/SPH). We will continue our vigilance in maintaining the safest, pathogen free clinic possible.
Visit sphosp.org for more updates & information.
Together, with your help and isolation we will get past this. Thank you for all your support and understanding as we work to protect each other.Mild symptoms include but are not limited to the following:
- Cough- typically deeper and not due to sinus and nasal drainage.
- Fever- above 100.5 and often higher.
- Body aches/ Headache- similar to influenza
- Chills- accompanying the fever
If your symptoms become no longer manageable at home or you develop secondary symptoms such as increased difficulty breathing, call your primary care provider or the Emergency Room (235-0235) for further evaluation.
Secondary Symptoms can include but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath; difficulty breathing; persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Confusion or inability to arouse
- Increasing air hunger
The Alaska Section of Epidemiology is closely monitoring the rapidly-emerging outbreak of COVID-19 first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Additional cases have been identified in a growing number of other international locations, and the United States , including Alaska.
Check here for daily updates from the State of Alaska Department of Health of Social Services (AK DHSS): coronavirus.alaska.gov
Resources for the General Public
- COVID-19 Situation Summary website (CDC)
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (CDC)
- What you need to know about COVID-19 (AK DHSS)
- What can Alaskans do to prepare for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)? (AK DHSS)
- COVID-19 Information for Travelers (CDC)