Where to find accurate information on COVID-19 in Alaska, the U.S., and the world:
- 211 – in Alaska, call 211 with NON-CLINICAL questions
- South Peninsula Hospital: Local case counts, testing numbers & info, and more.
- City of Homer: State Health Mandates; State Health Alerts; and more, including a staffed Info Line at 435-3197
- AK-DHSS (Alaska Department of Health and Social Services): daily case updates at 4:30pm; what Alaskans can do to be prepared; travel information; and more
- CDC (U.S. Center for Disease Control): National situation summary; guidance for specific audiences (parents, teachers, clergy); national and international travel information; FAQs; and more
- Johns Hopkins University: Global COVID-19 case map updated in real time
- WHO (World Health Organization: Global information on travel; situation reports; Research & Development; Myth Busters; and more
- Do masks work? Check out this video showing how droplets spread from talking.
- What it means to “flatten the curve”.
- What is “isolation” vs “quarantine”?
- Dr. Zink’s most recent update
- All recent state communications
- N95 Effectiveness
- Cleaning Products
- Dr. Rob Downey’s “Boosting Immune Function during Novel Coronavirus”